Yacht were you thinking?
Often the culmination of many years of dreaming and penny-pinching, the purchase of a boat of any size is a huge event for any sailor, and with that comes serious naming pressure. Naming a boat can be as personal as naming a baby. Many boat owners have a secret fear that someone else got their brilliantly original name first--or ruined their chosen name forever by co-opting it for their disgraceful boat.
Names are categorized and listed alphabetically within these chapters as to:
- Popularity: helpfully, yacht insurers release ranked lists of popular names each year, which have revealed some very interesting trends
- Don't Even Go There: they might be uncommon these days, but sometimes there's a good reason for that - Pun Intended: some reveal a classic wit, others reveal just how many desperate unfunny dullards there are sailing around in yachts called Seas the Day
- A Bit of Pedigree: good names, but probably too classy for you to get away with copying them
- Common as Muck: bad names--Moondancer, Wave Catcher, and others that sound like names from a bad children's novel-where they come from, why they're awful, and how to avoid inventing another for your boat
- Too Much Information: why using a boat to celebrate a bonus/retirement/divorce/second wife tends to be a bad idea a few months down the road
- The Devil's Own: don't tempt fate by calling your boat Invincible, as the Royal Navy did each time the last one sank/exploded plus other superstition violating names.
With fascinating history, a fair bit of psychology, and a lot of humor, this is the essential guide for all would be boat owners, and anyone looking for a dad-type gift on Father's Day or Christmas.
Hardcover, 144 pages
ISBN-13 : 978-1472944375
Dimensions : 5 x 0.7 x 7.4 inches
Adlard Coles, 2017
At this time, orders shipped within the United States are shipped using USPS or UPS. Tracking information will be provided via email.
International shipping is offered on case-by-case basis. Please email us at email@example.com to inquire.
For our local customers, we are pleased to offer a curbside pickup option! How it works:
Shop online at shop.pem.org
At checkout, select Curbside Pickup as your shipping method. Place your order.
Once we have prepared your order, you will receive an email that your order is ready for pickup.
Follow the pickup instructions provided in your email. Arrive at our designated curbside pickup location at 3 New Liberty Street and call 978-542-1619
- Orders not picked up within two weeks of order date will be canceled and refunded.
Please Note: Please allow 2-3 days from purchase date for processing. Curbside Pickup is available Thursday through Monday 11 am–4 pm.
RETURN & EXCHANGE POLICY
We are pleased to accept returns within 30 days of the purchase date. All returned items must be in their original condition and packaging.
To begin your return process, please email us at: firstname.lastname@example.org
Please note: Sale, clearance and personal use items, such as face masks, cannot be returned or exchanged for store credit.