One Green Thing: Discover Your Hidden Power to Help Save the Planet
Noted environmentalist Heather White offers an easy-to-follow guide for climate action while brilliantly weaving together warm and funny stories from her childhood in East Tennessee, anecdotes from 20+ years of environmental advocacy, and scenes from parenting two GenZ daughters in Bozeman, Montana.
In One Green Thing, White shows you how to contribute to the climate movement through self-discovery - your personality, interests, and strengths.
First, you'll take the Service Superpower Profile Assessment, which will reveal your special gifts in service to others and the planet. Based on your profile, you'll then be equipped to:
- Begin your adventure with a 21-Day Kickstarter Plan that shares specific actions you can take
- Use the Eco-Impact Top Ten—the primary areas that can affect positive, lasting change—to develop an individualized Eco-Action Plan
- Log the mental health benefits and measure your progress with the Joy Tracker
- Write about your journey and your "why" for taking action with exercises and journal prompts that encourage you to reflect
- Listen and talk with members of Gen Z about their climate anxiety
- Commit to being an awesome ancestor for future loved ones as you inspire your family, friends, and community to work toward a regenerative, sustainable world
Setting the intention each day to take a small step— a "one green thing" to care for the planet--can help ease your eco-anxiety, push the culture toward climate solutions, and create a sense of joy.
By Heather White
Hardcover: 304 pages
6.25 x 1.88 x 9.25 inches
At this time, orders shipped within the United States are shipped using USPS or UPS. Tracking information will be provided via email.
International shipping is offered on case-by-case basis. Please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org to inquire.
PEM Shop is not responsible for lost or stolen merchandise.
IN STORE PICKUP
For our local customers, we are pleased to offer an In Store Pickup option! How it works:
Shop online at shop.pem.org
At checkout, select Curbside Pickup as your shipping method. Place your order.
Once we have prepared your order, you will receive an email that your order is ready for pickup.
Follow the pickup instructions provided in your email. Arrive at our Store location at 161 Essex Street.
- Orders not picked up within two weeks of order date will be canceled and refunded.
Please Note: Please allow 2-3 days from purchase date for processing. In Store Pickup is available Thursday through Monday 10 am–5 pm.
RETURN & EXCHANGE POLICY
We are pleased to accept returns within 30 days of the purchase date. All returned items must be in their original condition and packaging.
To begin your return process, please email us at: email@example.com
Please note: Sale, clearance and personal use items, such as face masks, cannot be returned or exchanged for store credit.